Well, according to the manufacturer the recycled PVC tubing we are trialing have a lifespan of exactly that. Within six months of installation the bats are moving in. The new PVC home has all the attributes of a successful bat house.
- Longevity-thick steel brackets, stainless steel fasteners, galvanised mesh.
- Insulated- using special material creates a buffer between extreme temperatures.
- “Can you see bats inside?” With our model you bet. Even in the middle of the day.
- Attractive to bats- yep, starting to work within a short space of time.
- Feral bee attractive-NO, these homes are not for them.
- Lightweight- You won’t break your back trying to install them, unless of course you do it the wrong way.
- Roomy-able to hold over 50 micro bats.
The quest for a perfect home for them continues.